Tis the season to be jolly and more make up for my vanity 😉 Thanks to my amazing boyfriend today I will be featuring some of my favourite makeup I have received this festive season.
I hope you had a great time on your holidays just like I did. Hope you received a lot of makeup too. I love these holidays as much as I love makeup.
Here are the products I will be reviewing today.
This is surely my all time favourite palette by Urban Decay, I really love the packaging which is very sleek – that comes with a double eyeshadow brush and a mirror on the inside of the lid. When my boyfriend got me this we where on a holiday in Barcelona, where there happened to be a Sephora outlet, which my boyfriend literally had to drag me out of the outlet because I wanted to stay there forever.
I couldn’t believe my eyes when I first saw this pretty palette. Why I chose this? It is because I really love the nudes and brownish colors. I have never had a palette that is so pigmented like this, there is no need to put on any fixing spray and/or apply this more than 1 time. It is surely the best makeup present I have received this year. The price is quite expensive but it is all worth the money. My boyfriend got mine for approx €50 from Sephora.
This palette comes in 12 different shades.
- Foxy is a pale yellowed beige with a matte finish. It’s on the sheer side and a bit powdery.
- Half Baked is a coppery brown with a golden shimmer-sheen. It’s very frosty but has good color payoff and a smooth texture. It’s part of the permanent range and is also in the Naked 1 palette.
- Booty Call is a peach-tinted white-beige with a frosted finish. It’s new for this palette.
- Chopper is a medium orange-red toned rown with coppery flecks of shimmer. This shade is permanent. It has good color payoff, but the sparkle is prone to fall out.
- Tease is dirty mauve-brown with a matte finish. It’s an interesting shade, but the color payoff is mediocre and texture is very dry and stiff. You really have to jab at it with the bristles of your brush to loosen enough product in order to apply it.
- Snakebite is dark bronze with a dirty golden shimmer-sheen. It has a really lovely dense, buttery texture with excellent color payoff.
- Suspect is a soft champagne-bronze with a frosted, metallic sheen. It has good color payoff but felt a touch powdery.
- Pistol is a dirty gray-brown with a frosted finish. I’m hesitant to call it a taupe, because it has a lot of brown in it. The payoff is good, and the texture is soft and smooth.
- Verve is a pale beige-gray with a pink tinge.
- YDK is a warm, coppery red-toned medium brown with a frosted finish. The color payoff is good with a smooth texture.
- Busted is a burgundy-tinted, deep brown with warm, golden undertones. It has a soft, frosted finish. The color payoff was good and the texture smooth, though a little less dense than other shades.
- Blackout is a really intense, deep dark black with a matte finish. It has really great payoff and goes on very black. It doesn’t have a comparable shade in Naked 1.
This colourful finishing powder comes in 6 different colours. The shades vary from White, Green, Yellow, Pink, Blue and Violet. All these shades are completely matte. I use it right after I apply the camoflauge concealer palette that I got from flormar which I use it mostly to cover any blemishes. This makes the skin looks evenly toned.
I am really satisfied with this Radiant finishing powder that my boyfriend got me from NYX.
This powder is simply gorgeous, as you can see from the picture below its packaging is very sleek. I usually use compact powder but since I read really good reviews on this product I decided to put it in my KIKO’s shopping bag too. It is a setting and mattifying face powder that covers any shiny areas from the skin, highly recommended for those having a very oily skin. It is soft and smooth to the touch. The powder is easy to apply using the soft sponge that’s attached onto the inside of the lid. I mainly apply it on my T-zones and usually on my lips before applying any lipliner and/or lipstick – since it tends to last longer. This powder is also Paraben free. I love it!
I have never applied a powder foundation before, until my boyfriend got me this. I normally use it after applying my liquid foundation to set up my foundation, by this way it creates a finishing look. This powder wears like magic and I really recommend it. There are different shades of colours one can choose from, you will definitely look naturally flawless with minimal effort!
Thumbs up NYX
As some may know, I am always buying new and different products to try. Here is one of the products I have added to my shopping bag on KIKO’s website. This fixing spray allows an extreme fixing of your make up, you can go without changing it for hours, this is achieved thanks to the mild Chamomile extract formula. It is easy to carry around since it is a 75 ml size can which is very practical to carry around in your small handbag.
My Kat Von D love affair
These were also purchased from Sephora, among other cosmetics my boyfriend got me.
If you want a foundation that covers all your rednesses and blemishes you’re only one pump away. This is the best foundation you can get. It is creamy and very very pigmented.
While I was at Sephora’s I’d thought why not combine this liquid concealer with it (poor boyfriend 😋)
The coverage is AMAZING for both the products, whether you apply with a brush or a sponge and it’s so long-wear, you can go a full day without touching up or re-applying.
It is a total goddess 😀😀
The bottle of the foundation as one can see in the picture below comes with a lock, that means you get a fresh, precisely measured dose with every pump!
I got more products from Kat Von D to show you, stay tuned 🙂
Don’t we all love having that extra set of brushes? I was not expecting this brush set at all, but when I opened it was love at first sight The packaging says it all. The colour is so charming and what about the brushes? they are very good to use especially when applying eyeshadow.
Hope you liked this Blog, while I take this opportunity to thank you for your continuous support throughout the year and I wish you a Merry Everything & a Happy always 🙂
Until next year.
Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle ♡♡♡♡
Photo credits – Nicholas Borg